Dai-ichi Life Vietnam Fund Management Company Limited (DFVN) was established and operated since February 2014, formerly is the Investment Department of Dai-ichi Life Insurance Vietnam Co., Ltd., which is one of the first foreign-owned Life Insurance companies established in Vietnam. Since 2006, the Investment Department of Dai-ichi Vietnam Life Insurance Co., Ltd., has been entrusted with managing life insurance funds for customers of Dai-ichi Life Insurance Vietnam Co., Ltd. and has succeeded in managing and creating increased value of investment income for managed assets.
With the planned mission, DFVN, together with the member organizations of Dai-ichi Life Group, provides Vietnamese clients with comprehensive financial solutions by offering investment fund products – asset creation and professional, quality asset management services that deliver long-term sustainable value and optimal return on investment. Based on that, DFVN aims to become a prestigious Fund Management Company which is selected by investors and ranked among the companies with the best investment performance in Vietnam.
The Code of Conduct shall be applied to all employees working at all divisions in order to:
- Stipulate principles, contents and guidelines to apply standards of professional ethics to all employees working at the Company. Understanding and complying with not only words but also the spirit of the Code are required to develop professional reputation for the Company in the market and the society;
- Specify the responsibilities that all employees shall comply with during their working time at the Company; and
- Guide all employees to understand and implement the Code. Therefore, to comply with the Code is one of the working conditions in the Company. All employees shall understand clearly to comply with the contents of the Code besides the provisions prescribed in the labor contract and internal rules of the Company.
The Asset Allocation Guideline shall be applied to ensure the effectiveness of the investment portfolio on following principles:
- To balance risk and return by diversifying the investment portfolio, in order to help customers achieving its long-term investment plan.
- To comply with investment objective, investment restriction or other criteria as prescribed in guidelines of customers and internal rules of the Company. and
- To comply with the provisions of relevant laws.
The Valuation Policy shall be applied to determine value of the investment assets in the portfolios of funds on following principles:
- The asset value is calculated in an accurate manner in accordance with the provisions of relevant laws, the fund charter and investment portfolio management agreement signed with customer.
- The valuation shall reflect investment transactions in an accurate, timely and full manner based on most recent transactions executed.
- Valuation items (including shares, cash and other investments) shall be regularly compared with original documents. Inconsistent items shall be immediately dealt with.
- The comparison of documents in connection to the fund’s asset with the supervisory bank shall be periodically implemented at least once per month.
The Proxy Voting Policy shall be applied to ensure that the Company exercises voting authority for portfolio securities (equities) consistent with the best interests of its customer and vote them in an informed and responsible manner on following principles:
- Focus on creating long-term sustainable value.
- Protect shareholder rights.
- Ensure independent, effective, and accountable Board of Directors.
- Align Management incentive schemes with long-term interests of stakeholders.
The Risk Management Guideline shall be applied to minimize the negative impacts and optimize potential business opportunities on following principles:
- To provide a method to approach risks in a systematic way to early identify and manage risks.
- To provide criteria for risk assessment accordingly.
- To monitor and evaluate risk level to ensure that the risk remains within an acceptance level in case it cannot be resolved completely.